Traduce a Espanol!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

10 Things I miss about the South


Yes, I know.  We live almost as far south as you can get in the US...but I guarantee you that this is NOT the south :)  My sister came and visited recently and immediately, after 5 seconds of seeing her, I realized I miss the south!  Here are the 10 things i miss the most...(don't worry south florida folks, this will be balanced out later with - 10 Things I love about south florida :)


10.  Good, authentic 
                         bar-b-que!

9.  Awesome sayings/ phrases such as these - two of my favorites that I had actually heard:  
"He's about as useless as a screen door on a submarine.  AND
His elevator don't go all the way to the top. He's one fry short of a Happy Meal. Or, as my grandma used to say, “He don't got all what belongs to him.” All taken to mean, “He/She is crazy.”"

8.  Churches on every corner

7.  Cow farms, pig farms, horse farms only a 
hop, skip and a jump away :)

6.  
                                 Manners.

5.  Seasons

4.  Homemade ___________ (fill in 

the blank)...biscuits, ice cream, pies, ...etc

3.  


Hearing words like "tractor pulls", "pig-pickin", 

"debutants", "FFA", "Ya'll", "a fixin'", "bless her

heart",  and so many more :)

2.  Cheerwine, Bojangles and Harris Teeter.

1.  And...the number one thing I miss 

about the south - the ACCEE-ANTS:)




God bless the southern culture ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment